Optima Steam Cleaner Features:
- Boiler Size: Very large
- Heater: Uses fire under the boiler
- Heating Time: Extremely fast due to the fire
- Steam Hose Length: Very long
- Steam Pressure: Comparable to Chief Steamer 125
- Steam Volume: Immense and continuous
- Best For: Washing multiple cars consecutively
Chief Steamer Refill 125 Features:
- Boiler Size: Smaller than Optima
- Heater: Electric, no fire
- Heating Time: Respectably fast, but not as quick as Optima
- Steam Hose Length: Sufficiently long
- Steam Pressure: Good but may experience drops
- Steam Volume: Less than Optima
- Additional Features: Chemical injection, diverse interior/exterior brushes
- Best For: Comprehensive car detailing, both interior and exterior. Cannot wash consecutively as quickly but is more versatile.
- Price: Significantly lower than Optima
While the Optima Steamer boasts superior specifications and is more powerful, it’s primarily optimized for continuous car washing.
- The Chief Steamer 125, on the other hand, is versatile and can handle both the interior and exterior detailing of a car comprehensively.
- Optima is not suitable for indoor use due to its diesel mechanism, but the Chief Steamer can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Chief Steamer 125 is compact, portable, and offers chemical injection which aids in effective car washing.
- The price of Chief Steamer 125 is considerably lower, providing a more cost-effective option.
While the Optima Steamer clearly wins in terms of raw power and specifications, the Chief Steamer 125 offers a balanced, versatile, and cost-effective solution for car detailers who need comprehensive detailing capabilities rather than just consecutive exterior washing. The choice ultimately depends on the specific needs of the user.