Shared Features between Chief Steamer Refill 100 and Therma Kleen TK1.5:
- Pressure: Originally 100 PSI (Chief Steamer now at 110 PSI)
- Boiler Temperature: 330 degrees (Chief Steamer slightly higher due to increased pressure)
- Attachments: Similar brush attachments
- Steam Volume: Both excellent
- Boiler Warranty: Lifetime for both; Chief Steamer uses AISI 304 stainless steel, while TK1.5 uses AISI 316. Minor differences in chromium and nickel alloy composition, both very strong.
- Safety: Comparable safety shut-off features
Therma Kleen TK1.5 Distinct Features:
- Single boiler with pressure cap system
- Internally attached hose
- Pressure Adjustments: Three settings (low, medium, high)
- Heating Element: INTERNAL
- Boiler Size: Larger 6-quart boiler, longer heat-up time
- Origin: Made in the USA (although parts are sourced from Italy)
- Warranties: Heater is under the 1-year parts warranty, overall 1-year parts warranty
- Design: Larger, industrial appearance, heavier, comes with a cart to aid in mobility
Chief Steamer Refill 100 Distinct Features:
- Continuous refill system
- Detachable steam hose
- Infinite pressure adjustment using a valve (from zero to full pressure)
- Heating Element: EXTERNAL (with a lifetime warranty)
- Boiler Size: Smaller 2.0 liter (2.2 quarts), faster heat-up due to continuous refill
- Origin: Manufactured in Italy based on specific Chief Steamer requirements
- Warranties: Lifetime heater warranty, 3-year parts warranty (in addition to boiler and heater)
- Design: More compact, easier to transport, thus less expensive
- Both machines offer very similar performance in terms of steam output, temperature, and pressure.
- The main distinctions lie in design features, such as the continuous refill system and heating element placement in the Chief Steamer.
- Price: While the exact price of the TK1.5 is not mentioned, the Chief Steamer Refill 100 is highlighted as being significantly more affordable without compromising quality.
For those considering the Therma Kleen TK1.5, the Chief Steamer Refill 100 is presented as a competitively priced alternative with distinct advantages.